I started using this recipe couple of months ago, and it's been a hit ever since. This is a very flavorful loaf and sure both adults and kids are gonna love it. The garam masala gives a very nice kick to this banana bread. The taste of the bread enhances after a day it is baked and even the color gets darker on the next day. The one in the picture was clicked on the very same day it was baked.
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 large bananas + 1 small banana
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (used whole milk yogurt)
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Farenheit. Grease a 8.5 inch loaf tin with butter or oil and line a muffin tray.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and garam masala in a medium size bowl. Peel and mash the bananas.
- In a large size bowl, add the brown sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined. To this, add the mashed banana and beat at low speed until combined.
- Stir in the yogurt and mix well. Add the choco chip and stir.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, for about 1 hour for the loaf cake and it takes about 15 minutes for the muffins.
- Allow it to cool completely and cut into slices.