From the very next day I wrote in the last recipe that I am going to be consistent with the blog posts, I have been caught up with lot of other work to which I have to give the priority . But, will never forget my blog baby and here it is a wonderful recipe for the kids. I normally serve it to my kids as a dessert or for their evening snack. Any chocoholics out there? Try this out..My kids say that it is yummilicious.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1/4 cup semi sweet / dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup to 1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup milk
1. In a medium size bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Blend thoroughly and set aside
2. Microwave the butter and chocolate on HIGH for about 1 minute , until the butter is completely melted. Remove, stir and place in the microwave at 30 seconds interval.
3. Add sugar, cocoa and vanilla to the chocolate- butter mixture. Whisk until combined. Allow it to cool for a minute.
4. Add one egg at a time to this mixture. Make sure the chocolate is not hot and doesn’t cook the eggs.Add the first egg and beat just until combined.
5. Then, add the second egg and beat just until combined. Mix one third portion of the all purpose flour and stir, followed by half portion of the milk.
6.Add the second portion of the flour and mix followed by the last half portion of the milk.
7. Finally add the last portion of the flour and stir.
8. Follow manufacturers instructions to use a waffle iron and make these YUMMY chocolate waffles .