My second one got a pack of papodums from the pantry and asked to fry those , guess he wanted to remind me that it has been long time since I fried those for him . He loves papodums, pakoras, murukkus- anything that is crunchy and slightly spicy. There was a pack of paneer block lying in the refrigerator, so I asked him to wait for an hour and prepared these pakoras.
Paneer and Corn Pakora Recipe
1 cup grated paneer
3/4 to 1 cup chick pea (gram) flour
2 tsp. rice flour
1/4 cup corn (crushed)
1 medium size onion finely chopped
2 to 3 green chillies *
few sprigs curry leaves
3 to 4 tbsp. coriander leaves
1/ tsp. asafoetida
1/2 tsp. red chilli powder*
1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
Salt (as per taste)
Oil ( For deep Frying)
1. In a medium size bowl, add all the ingredients one by one, except the oil and knead with the fingers, until it forms a dough.
2. Heat a pain with oil for deep frying and once it is hot, pinch out small pieces of dough and drop in the oil. Fry on both sides, until golden brown and crisp on both the side. Once done, drain on a paper towel, to absorb excess oil.
3. Serve it with your favorite dip.
- A big pinch of ground saunf can be added for extra flavor.
- Using the pulse mode in the blender, churn once for crushing the corn.
- Red chilli powder and green chillies can be added according to your taste buds.