The summer has come and all the recipes that I stacked in the to do list are getting ready to be posted . I found this recipe last year from Facebook page of Folgers, from one oftheir updates. I missed preparing it last year. But the recipe was first in my to do list for this year . These ice pops were really creamy as mentioned in the original recipe. Any brand of instant coffee granules can be used for this recipe, definitely you all will love it. I let the milk boil which was not in the recipe, I felt boiling that way would make them even creamier and they were .
- 14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Transfer the sweetened condensed milk to a pan and heat, until it becomes thick for about 7 t0 9 minutes, stirring constantly at low medium flame.
- Add the milk,whipping cream and coffee granules to the thickened condensed milk and stir well until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Let it be on low medium flame, for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, making sure the content doesn't. overflow. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow it to cool completely. Then pour into ice pop molds or disposable cups and freeze for about 8 hours. In case of using disposable cups ( I used disposable shot glasses), insert a a lollipop stick or Popsicle stick while it is freezing half way in the freezer. Once they are completely done remove them from the molds/ cups by them on running water for couple of seconds.