This recipe is linked to Sadhana’s blog event Wholesome Desserts-With No Refined Flours nor Refined Sugars, which originated at cookeatdelicious. This is the recipe that came in my mind when I came across the event. The words NO refined flours and Refined sugars- that is all I read and missed the word Wholesome dessert( While shopping, if I see product priced $17.99, I consistently miss the number 1 or the first or say the important digit , and always my DH points that digit to me ). That is what has happened here also . I Looked into the words clearly only just before linking the event and mailed Sadhana. She replied back saying that it is fine . So, the recipe goes straight there .
1 cup Crunchy or Creamy Peanut Butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 larger egg (lightly beaten)
1 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cream the peanut butter and light brown sugar until pale for about 2 minutes, using a electric hand mixer.
3.Add the egg and baking soda and beat until well incorporated.
4. Make small balls and place it on the lined baking sheet. Using the fork, flatten and make crosshatch pattern.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes ( when they turn golden brown, slightly browned on the sides )or until done. They will be soft, but hardens once they are cooled down.
- The original recipe calls for 1 cup of regular sugar, which I always cut it down to somewhere between 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup. And, I did the same this time with brown sugar too.
- This recipe can be considered to be a perfect gluten free recipe while using gluten free peanut butter.