These are melt in the mouth chocolate cookies, with the hint of coffee. These are great hit in our family and goes well with a cup of coffee or tea .
2 oz. milk chocolate chips
2 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup unsalted sweet butter, softened
4 tbsp. confectioners sugar, sifted
1 tbsp. instant coffee granules
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (maida), sifted
1. Melt the milk chocolate and semi sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for about 40 seconds, removing and stirring once after the 30th second. They should be well combined. Make sure it is not overdone.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the butter and confectioners sugar together until light and pale.
3. Mix coffee with 1 tbsp. boiling water and set aside. Add the melted chocolate to the butter and sugar mixture, and stir until well incorporated. Add the diluted coffee then fold in the flour and cornstarch.
4. Transfer the dough over a wax paper. Make into sausage shape or flatten the sausage further to make square shape cookies. Either way, wrap them in a wax paper and refrigerate for at least 4 to 5 hours. I made 2 sausage shape rolls
( They look really weird ) and 1 flattened roll with the above given quantity.
5. Remove from the refrigerator. Cut into thick wedges ( rounds or squares) and place them on a parchment or wax paper line baking sheet and bake on preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 10 to 12 minutes ( depending on the size of the cookie). They taste absolutely divine for coffee lovers .
Chocolate should be melted carefully. If overheated it can scorch or, if it comes into contact with water or steam, can “seize” when it hardens into a lump making it unworkable.