Makes 30 to 35 medium size cookies
3/4 cup unsalted sweet butter
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup ground almonds(Recipe here)
seeds from 4 green cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree farenheit
- In the bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir the flours, almonds, cardamom, and add to the creamed butter. Mix just until the dough starts to clump together.
- Using your hands, form the dough into a small ball. Pinch off a tablespoon sized portion of the dough and roll in your palms to form a perfect round ball. Flatten it slightly and place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until the edges of the cookies turn very pale brown, 15 to 18 minutes.Even if it is soft inside, do not worry, it hardens as it cools. Taste after couple of hours after baking.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
Adapted from 5 spices,50 dishes